Also see Jobs on Indeed
We no longer offer Internship opportunities
Postdoctoral Fellow in Clinical Psychology
Mills Psychology , Ajax, ON
PsyD or PhD in clinical or counseling psychology
Overview of Position:
Seeking applicants for a one-two year postdoctoral fellow position in clinical psychology at a vibrant private practice in the GTA. The successful candidate must have a completed doctoral degree by an accredited university or institution at the time of appointment and be eligible for registration as a psychologist under supervised practice with the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO). All clinical work conducted by the successful candidate will be supervised by two psychologists registered with the CPO.
Requirements & Scope of Practice:
- Doctoral and internship training must have included a strong component in the assessment of children, teens and adults with the capacity to conduct psychoeducational assessments and full psychological assessments.
- Must be proficient in the administration, scoring, and interpretation of intellectual and academic tests including the WISC-IV and WIAT-IV.
- Proficiency in the use of the MMPI-2, MCMI-III, PAI, and other clinical and psychopathological measures.
- Working therapeutically with individual, couples, and families using multiple modes of interventions.
- Must be able to demonstrate an eclectic approach to therapy drawing on many psychotherapeutic traditions, skills sets, and intervention models; one of which must be in psychodynamic or psychoanalytic thought.
Please send the following materials to Dr. Jon Mills, Director, Mills Psychology, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter.
CV & any supporting materials.
Copy of transcript of all graduate courses and training programs.
Evidence of training in psychodynamic theory, assessment, and practice.
Sample clinical report of a psychoeducational assessment completed by the applicant.
Sample clinical report of a psychological assessment completed by the applicant.
Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to apply. The successful candidate will have to provide a current police records check prior to start date.
Mills Psychology - Ajax, ON
$50 an hour
Mills Psychology Prof. Corp.
Location: AJAX, ON
Salary Range: $50 per hour.
Status: PRIVATE CONTRACTOR
THERAPIST is needed for head office location in Ajax, ON. This is a 2 day a week part-time position requiring some evening appointments, which may open into a 3 day a week contract.The successful candidate must be able to work independently with children, teens, families, adults and couples. The position is for normal business work week hours with some evening appointments. You must be trained in several therapeutic models with an eclectic approach to treatment. You will be assigned multiple duties in seeing a wide range of clinical populations with varying degrees of psychopathology. You will be assigned some high conflict family court cases for treatment, but the majority of your caseload will be children, couples, and adults.
- At minimum, Masters degree in clinical or counselling psychology, mental health counselling, or psychoanalytic studies.
- Registered Psychotherapist (RP) preferred; however, certification as a CCC or equivalent, or RP eligible is acceptable.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of post-graduate clinical experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and progress report writing will be required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet timelines.
- Court attendance may be required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
If you do not have graduate training and experience in treating children, families, and couples/marital therapy, then do not apply.
Email (1) resume or CV and (2) cover letter to: Dr. Jon Mills, Director, Mills Psychology Prof. Corp. Apply on Indeed!
For additional information on our psychological services, go to: www.MillsPsychology.ca
Mills Psychology has a diverse staff and is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Associates & Contractual Work
Mills Psychology is interested in forming associations with psychotherapists, counsellors, and mental health workers who
are highly trained and
specialize in treating a variety of psychological, emotional, and behavioural conditions in individuals, couples, and
families. Therapists who are interested in pursuing opportunities for private contractual work and who have diverse yet
specialized skill-sets in treating certain population groups including children,
adolescents, adults, couples, and families are encouraged to contact our offices. Currently, no staff positions are available for hire as employees. Only those seeking contractual work should apply.
If you are seeking to establish a private practice or wish to expand your existing practice, please email your curriculum
vitae or resume along with a cover letter to Dr. Mills. Only qualified professionals will be considered. You must have a
degree or Doctorate in your field or its equivalent, such as a specialty certification or registration. Individuals with
only a Bachelors degree will not be considered unless you have a professional designation.
Click here for a complete list of
services and locations